Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New Boots in the Mail

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New Boots in the Mail

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 26, 2015 •  [Post 1]

After a very long wait (Zamberlan USA was out of my size and had to order them from the far reaches of the globe), I finally got my new boots in the mail a few days ago. After wearing them around the house for a few evenings, I think I'll keep them. Bear in mind, Z USA is not REI so you "cannot" wear them in the sticks, muddy em up, and then say they don't fit. If you return them for incorrect fit, they have gotta be in new condition with the tags on. Been wearing a silk sock liner and a pair of M wool socks. The boots are snug in the heel pocket and sides with a bit of toe wiggle in the toe cup. I think they'll work out. So, on to hiking with them next and hopeing they do in fact, fit properly :shock: .

IMG_1767.JPG
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: New Boots in the Mail

Postby Elkonthebrain » 03 26, 2015 •  [Post 2]

I just upgraded to theses. I had the zamberlan 519 dakotas and the stitching started to come apart on the side. Called up zamberlan and they had me email a couple pics of my boots. Upon inspection, They called me and said they would warranty the boots. They no longer make that boot so they gave me store credit. I Told him what I would be using the boots for and he recommended the 980 outfitters. Excellent customer service.
I'll be testing them out while shed hunting Sunday. Hopefully I'll be fully loaded with bone on the way out to really put them to the test. :D
Elkonthebrain

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 26, 2015 •  [Post 3]

Sweet. Nice to know they have such a good warranty. Hopefully we'll both get em "dirty" this September.
WapitiTalk1

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 27, 2015 •  [Post 4]

Very nice! Those are the exact 980's I tried on, sweet looking boots! You'll love them!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Deafirishman » 03 30, 2015 •  [Post 5]

I bought a pair of Ultimate Hunters by Meindl. I have a couple of friends that swear by them so I guess we will see how they work. With my feet issues, I sure hope spending this much money on a pair of boots will solve the issues. :) We shall see and time will tell if they are worth the investment !!
Deafirishman

First Name: Aaron

Postby Lefty » 04 04, 2015 •  [Post 6]

Sweet

good fitting boots make the hunt a whole lot better :D
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby bowhuntersd » 04 05, 2015 •  [Post 7]

I've been looking at those and the Lowa's but I can't find anyone that carries them to try them on. Are those pretty true to size? Thanks
A bad day in the woods, is better than a good day at work!
bowhuntersd

First Name: Shane
Last Name: Davis

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 05, 2015 •  [Post 8]

Shane, pretty true to american size on the 980s. Had to send back the first pair I ordered and get another cuz I fell for the old European boots tend to run large myth. I couldn't find a store that carried the 980s so went with zamberlan USA out of California. They were great. Cheryl in their customer service department bent over backwards to assist me in getting the right fit.
WapitiTalk1

Postby ElkNut1 » 04 06, 2015 •  [Post 9]

The Zamberlin did come too big for me! I generally wear an 8 but in an 8 my foot floated in them! (grin) Maybe they're wider but not longer? Hmm!
At present I'm breaking in the Lowa Tibet HI & feel they are a hair wide or long as well? Not sure what's up with the Italians? (grin) We'll see when I start with the Kenetreks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul