Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Eberlestock (& other) belt pouch question

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Eberlestock (& other) belt pouch question

Postby Mikeha33 » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 1]

With all of the chatter from several guys on the 18-20# thread about Eberlestock Blue Widow's, I wanted to ask what you guys, if anything have on your pack's waist belt? I didn't wear anything on my pack belt last year, but I think I want to add a pouch or two this year, for my camera, calls, etc. Have you purchased the one from ES, or retrofit something else, or what? You guys that don't have Eberlestock's, I'd like to hear your input as well, as they are built with "padlock/molle" webbing as a lot of them are, and I'm sure you have some great ideas as to how to conveniently add pouches.
Mikeha33

First Name: Michael
Last Name: Halsey

Re: Eberlestock (& other) belt pouch question

Postby idahoghost » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 2]

I have two eberlestock belt pockets. In my opinion they are built well, but very bulky and limited storage. I have looked for alternatives, but as of yet, really haven't found anything I like. I am still using them and they work okay, just bulky. My 2 cents...
idahoghost

First Name: Larry
Last Name: Hill

Postby Miller1 » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 3]

I have the large pouch and I love it on the waist belt, it is kind of bulky but holds allot, the end pocket holds my rangefinder perfect. I would post a pic of it but this site it's almost impossible to post a pic for some reason.
Miller1

First Name: Rick
Last Name: Miller

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 4]

I have three pouches on mine. The two smaller ones are made my Nite Ize I think and the larger came from Cabelas? Two smaller ones work perfect for my GPS and range finder. The larger one is normally used for a folded quad map, my Iphone, and clipshot. Sometimes I'll carry a small VID cam in the large one. Even though I don't get cell service in the areas I hunt each year, I carry the Iphone for pics. Nope, they're not waterproof pouches (what really is) so whatever I carry in them are in zip locks ;)

Case 1.JPG

Case 2.JPG
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Miller1 » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 5]

Ok, how did you get your pictures to upload? Lol
Miller1

First Name: Rick
Last Name: Miller

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 24, 2014 •  [Post 6]

Rick.. sending you a PM. Give me a quick call and I'll walk you thru it. Call quick tho cuz I'm expecting another call :) RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby LongShot » 07 25, 2014 •  [Post 7]

I'm waiting on my Eberlestock X2. I ordered the Butt bag and a small belt pouch. I'll let you know what I think in a few days.
LongShot

First Name: Anon

Postby LongShot » 07 30, 2014 •  [Post 8]

LongShot wrote:I'm waiting on my Eberlestock X2. I ordered the Butt bag and a small belt pouch. I'll let you know what I think in a few days.

Both bags work well. The small pouch will fit on the hip belt just fine, but (like idahoghost said) kinda bulky. It holds a range finder or GPS w/ no problem. The butt bag can do more than carry a bow (does that fine) and it fits great. I'm glad I got 'em. :)
LongShot

First Name: Anon